Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hello again my lost Friend

So.. once upon a time I was very good at writing on this... Then I lost it for awhile, even going so far as to forget I even had a blog. I started writing again when I wanted people to see just how far Levi has come with his schooling in such a short time and as the end of the school year arrives, about 4 weeks left, I find that I've made very very very few entries on his schooling yet if you are a friend of mine on FB then you will have seen constant updates on that topic as I've felt as though I've been thrown back into school and I've been learning right along side my son.

Go figure though, he's in 2nd grade and the things I'm learning weren't even broached in my HS classes or in college, well some of them were for HS but not many.

Any way, today my cousin was over to do her son's class assessments because her comp is down and as we are doing History for the block schedule today my darling eldest child had to show off his History Record Book of past lessons, the one he's using atm covers only Units 9 - current (current being unit 13), and of course he had to show off what he's learned and tell about the things she commented on, such as where Timbuktu is located.

I realized, as I sat there listening and occasionally asking him questions, just how much he has learned in 3 semesters and just how much more he will learn in the coming years and I am afraid that soon I will not be able to say I am smarter then my children ;-) at least not in some of these subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment